It’s my birthday!
I’m officially 26 years old and incredibly grateful for all of the things that have transpired this previous year. There have been some really painful moments, but there have been some incredibly joyous ones.
Although it’s not Friday, so I can’t really call this a Friday Introduction, I thought today would be a great opportunity for me to share some more facts about me that you might not have been aware of. I love getting to know you all and figured that today might be a good opportunity to share it!
A Birthday Introduction + FREE Starbucks Coffee Giveaway Click To Tweet
- I love all things gold-colored with my favorite being rose gold. Obsessed.
- I love finding out the history of different cities when traveling to them.
- I wasn’t a cat person until we got Reese. Before that, growing up we had two dogs – Luka and Juju (before Juju on The Beat, ofc).
- While I don’t see us getting a dog anytime soon, I LOVE corgis and Boston Terriers. They’re so cute.
- I am so amazed that God can love a person like me. He’s so merciful and forgiving it’s crazy!
- If I wasn’t an educator, I’d own my own coffee shop with my husband. I would have rustic, country-home decor, a performance space, and coffee with drinks that were puns like “A-Dell Rolling In the Deep” and “Hi, Hungry – I’m Dad.” Oh, and a freelance photographer.
- I loathe asparagus.
- History was my favorite subject in high school (other than English).
- I’m learning Korean and while I’m not quite conversational, I know some phrases!
- I’m the youngest deacon at my church!
- Both my husband and I have experience in social services, which is awesome because we both have a similar heart for people.
- I don’t like being in front of the camera, but I recently decided to work through it since being in front of the camera helps me to understand what it’s like for people that I photograph.
- I don’t look anything like my baby picture. No, really.
- I’m 5’2 and 3/4, but my husband thinks I’m taller.
- My favorite places to shop are H&M, Primark, Target, and Forever21 – although I always feel old entering Forever21.
- It bothers me when people are unkind to each other. There’s so much hate in the world as it is.
- I originally wanted to be a singer and had even majored in Musical Theater at one point.
- I never saw myself as a teacher growing up. It was only during college that my heart towards teaching really changed after tutoring in an after school program.
- My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King.
- I’m a crier and typically cry at weddings, baby birth videos, and videos of people professing their love to each other. Yup, I’m a softie.
- I can’t watch the movie Radio because it makes me cry – like sob, cry. See the previous fact if you want to know why. It’s also a really sad movie.
- I believe that people do a huge disservice when they minimize people’s experiences and struggles.
- I wrote a rap about my cat in high school in the tune of “It’s Hard Out Here” from the film, Hustle and Flow. I also might have mentioned this fact already.
- The professor that made the biggest impact on me and encouraged me to begin publishing some of my stuff was my ELA professor from freshman year. She told me I should publish my poetry because she thought it was really good.
- While I definitely don’t want kids for a little while and at least until we get a house (God-willing), I look forward to being a mom one day as I know my husband will be an amazing dad.
- I secretly hope to have at least one boy, although I’d be thankful for whatever God wants to bless me with.
- I learn how to do trending dances after they aren’t trending anymore. This is not because I’m a hipster or anything, but because it takes me a while to learn dances, haha.
- I was one of the popular kids in the 5th grade. I still don’t know how that happened, haha.
- I really want to get my nose pierced one day.
- My favorite coffee drink from Starbucks? Caramel Macchiato. Preferably iced. 😍
- I also seem to lose socks. I don’t understand how, but it doesn’t matter how many pairs I get – they always go missing.
- I can drink iced coffee in almost any weather situation. Not even kidding, I drank them when were in the dead of winter. I was cold, but my stomach was happy.
- I’d love to retire on a farm one day.
In light of it being my 26th birthday today, I wanted to give away something to you all as a thank you for your support. It’s been so much fun getting to share some of my favorite things with you, encourage you, and get to meet new, friendly faces.
I am going to giving away a couple of things that are some of my favorite things – digital prints, coffee, and Jesus. This would make a great gift for a friend or even a fun addition to your home or office. I, for one, love having prints in frame along the walls in our humble abode.
Here’s a simplified version of the deets of what’s included.
Print 1: But First, Coffee Print, 8 x 11
Print 2: Coffee and Jesus Print, 8 x 11
E-Gift Card: Get a cup (or two) of coffee on me.
If selected, you receive the two prints that will be sent to you via email for you to download instantly. These are digital files, so you will receive digital copies of this item. Similarly, you will receive an additional email with the e-gift card to Starbucks for you to use at your local Starbucks coffee place.
Well, those are some random facts about me that you may or may not have been aware of! Now I’d love to hear about you!
What’s your favorite movie and why?
If you haven’t signed up for the C+B Insiders newsletter yet, be sure to sign up here! This monthly newsletter includes exclusive updates, freebies such as stock photography, deals, and more! If you sign up using the sign up form on my sidebar, you receive free stock photos as soon as you sign up!about me, birthdays, coffee, facts, freebies, fun facts, giveaways, life, marriage, starbucks