Disclaimer: Thank you, Zola, for the idea of sharing some of my favorite gift ideas for newly-engaged couples!
‘Tis the season for engagements!
If you’ve heard the phrase “engagement season” go around regarding this time of the year, there’s a reason for it. The time period from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day is the time of year where many engagements occur. It’s a very joyful time for many during the holiday season.
However, if you’re anything like me, I waited until recently to go Christmas shopping and now I’m rushing to try to figure out what to get for the people I love – including peers of mine who recently got engaged.
While it’s an exciting time, you may be wondering what to buy and whether you should buy them a joint gift since they’re going to be married soon. If you’re currently trying to determine what gifts to give your loved ones, I’ve come up with a gift guide that may be helpful to those of you trying to figure out what to buy!
1. Purchase gift cards: You really can’t go wrong with a gift cards, because it gives the person you’re gifting it to the opportunity to use the money on whatever they wish to purchase it with. It’s perfect if you’re not sure exactly what to purchase for a couple who’s just got engaged since they don’t have a registry yet. It’s also guaranteed that they’ll like it because they can get what they want.
2. Picture Frames: Picture frames are a nice way to capture their engagement and future wedding photos as a couple. If you have access to one of their engagement photos or a photograph that was taken during the moment they got engaged, you could present it to them by placing the photograph in the frame as well!
3. Buy them a book to read as a couple: If you’re loved ones are readers like my husband and I, one thing they absolutely love are books. If you feel that you know the genre they like, purchase them two copies of a book that they can read and discuss together! For example, when my husband and I were dating, we both brought the book “The Circle” before the movie came out. We would spend time reading it together and then discussing what we read. It was fun to be able to be reading the same book because we would have very enlightening conversations about it afterwards.
4. Buy them an ornament or an item celebrating their engagement: One way to really celebrate with the newly-engaged couple is to buy them something such as a Christmas ornament or something with their engagement date on it that represents this exciting time in their life. It’s something that they’ll be able to look back on later and smile as they remember their engagement period.
5. If they have one, purchase an item from their registry: One sure way to make sure that you’re getting something they’ll both want is buy purchasing something from their registry. I even had friends buy my husband and I a gift from our wedding registry for Christmas the year we got married. It’s convenient if they have one available that you can browse through. Some examples of registries include one named Zola, which now I’m wishing that I would’ve used when my husband and I were creating ours.
You can place your registry items, experiences, and cash funds in one place for guests to use. How convenient for the engaged couple and their families – right?
What are some of your favorite things to get engaged couples around this time of year? What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?engagement season, gift guides, holiday, season