Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, which come at no cost to you! If you happen to purchase any item from the links, I receive compensation that helps me to keep this space up and running. Thank you for your support of C+B!
It’s been so long since I’ve done one of these posts!
I’ve been so busy with work, life, and a few other things that as much as I’ve desired to sit down and blog, I haven’t had the time nor the energy to do so. There’s been SO much going on and while a lot of it is still in the process, there’s some things that I am able to disclose with you today.
My husband and I brought a house!
It’s crazy how it happened as while we’ve been looking we did not expect to find something during the time frame that we did, but we are so grateful and excited to move into our row home not too far from the city. It’s a nice halfway point between family and is a bit closer to where my husband works, which is a plus! I am definitely going to miss the neighborhood we live in, but I am excited to create new memories in our first home that we can invest into and make our own!
I am looking forward to sharing with you some of our home improvement posts, decor posts, and some of the wisdom we learned through the process of homebuying because it was definitely challenging at times. There was SO much we did not know about buying a house and so many things that happened in the in-between that made us unsure of whether or not it would come to pass. We’re looking forward to sharing it with you in our series titled “The Kims Buy a House”
Also, be on the look out for Instagram posts and blog posts that are hashtagged #casadekim for photos and updates of our space as we share them!Currently in May // Big News + Spring Weddings Click To Tweet
- PAINTING: Before we move in, there’s some painting that needs to be done in a couple areas of the house that we’re hoping to have ready. We’re thinking of going with a light grey palette (because I love light greys) with an accent wall here. I also really want to do a white wood paneled wall, but that’s dependent on the time and the price of doing something like that.
- MOVING: My husband and are hoping to move this month and to be completely moved by a friend’s wedding that we’re attending at the end of it. Here’s to hoping and praying that all goes as planned!
- WEDDINGS: Yay for weddings! There’s two this spring that my husband and I will be attending, so I’m on the hunt for a dress that I can wear that will match my husband’s outfit.
- BLOG POST: I haven’t scheduled any blog posts really for the upcoming months because I have been so busy and drained. However, I am hoping to get some things done in between moving and planning for the end of the school year. If you have any things that you would like to read, please feel free send me a message or an email.
- MORE FREE RESOURCES: I am hoping to add some more pages to the “Intentional Self-Care Package” in the next few months as well as some other resources that I hope you all will love!
- NEW BLOG THEME: I’ve been thinking about changing up my blog theme so that I have a landing page that’s a little more interactive, but I haven’t quite taken the jump yet because we’ve been focused on saving a lot, recently. However, I’m hoping to have some things set up this summer so that it’s a little more interactive and user-friendly. I also am ready for a change and something that is even more simplistic than what I have, currently.
- BABY-RELATED THINGS: As you may have heard, I am going to be an aunt and I am so excited for the bundle of joy coming this late summer! I would share the gender, but I want to want until they’ve publicly shared it! I am going to be grabbing some things as I am able to in order to help as we will prepare for the baby’s arrival!
- *NSYNC: *NSYNC got a star on the Walk of Fame recently and since then I have been subjecting my poor husband to all things *NSYNC and reminiscing on my early pubescent years when I first fell in love with the charming five. Now that I am older (and they have aged, too), I have been feeling super nostalgic and missing the 90s when our economy was booming and it was still cool to say, “the bomb.”
- Kanye Conspiracy Videos: Yes, I admit it. I fell down the rabbit hole one day after hearing about his comments he made and his recent tweets. Complete waste of time as of course those conspiracies are unfounded, but it was interesting to hear some of the things people have come up with. I watched one where they went as far as to say that he was a clone and that that wasn’t the real Kanye. Nope. Pretty sure that’s still him.
- Clean With Me Videos: I don’t know if I’m alone in this, but I love watching videos of people clean now because it helps me to clean. Is that weird? Like, I’ll watch them and look at the products they use for getting nasty dirt scum out of tile and live vicariously through them whilst also taking tips. I seriously think watching cleaning videos from people has helped me become a better cleaner.
- Home Reno Videos: Perhaps it’s because we purchased a home, but I’ve been watching a lot of videos where people are renovating parts of their home or adding different things to it. For example, our new house has a place where we can perhaps turn it into a laundry room, so I’ve been watching a lot of videos about putting down tile, backsplash, shelving, and cabinets for that purpose.
- City of Ember: I know this book is quite a few years old, but I’m just now reading it because my students are and I’m really enjoying it. It may be a book targeted towards teens, but there’s a lot of information in it that both I and my students have really engaged well with.
- Blogs: Honestly, I haven’t been reading as many blog posts, but I am hoping to once a few things get settled. I’ve just been so busy that I have not been able to really read them nor share my own as much as I usually do.
LISTENING TO //
- Podcasts: Forever listening to podcasts on our way to work together. I am going to miss being able to commute with my husband as long as we do, so I am taking in this time as much as I can. He’s obsessed with crime podcasts and by extension, I suppose I am, too.
- Housefires: My students have gotten me hooked on the song “Open Space” again and it’s one of my favorite songs to listen to.
- Target’s Dollar Spot Aisle: Truthfully, when am I not eyeing their Bullseye Aisle? Recently I found and purchased some gardening tools since I’ll be able to garden in our little plot of land in front of our new home. I’m looking forward to planting some pretty flowers and found these cute little tools that would be perfect for them! The rest of the items are things that I am hoping to purchase after we’ve gotten settled – especially the coffee maker because we’ve been on the hunt for one for a while. I’ve included the links to the items, below.
Truthfully, I have been horribly inconsistent with posting on Instagram because I have been really busy and dealing with a lot in our personal life, lately. However, I’m going to try to be more consistent with sharing on Instastories and on Instagram.
What are you all up to? How have you been doing?